WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOU JOIN
Our vision is an inclusive global economy where people with disabilities participate fully and meaningfully. We collaborate with purpose to promote the full inclusion of people with disabilities, to inspire accessible innovation for all, and to foster cultures of inclusion. Companies that embrace best practices for employing and supporting more persons with disabilities outperform their peers. (according to research, in partnership with Disability:IN and the American Association of People with Disabilities)
What is Disability:IN Wisconsin?
Disability:IN Wisconsin is a business-to-business association promoting disability inclusion in the workplace, supply chain and marketplace. It supports businesses in their roles as employers, buyers, and sellers of goods and services and as corporate citizens. Disability:IN Wisconsin partners with higher education, government, and the service providing community to create connections to a pipeline of qualified talent for in-demand occupations and a marketplace where employees, customers and disability-owned businesses play a vital role in business success along with conversation from community resources. Through education, mentoring, resources and networking, Disability:IN Wisconsin works to remove stigmas surrounding the employment of people with disabilities connecting employers to effective programs, best practices and supports to enable positive outcomes.
Why Disability:IN Wisconsin?
The Wisconsin Affiliate is one of over 30 affiliates of D:IN National. The benefits of being an affiliate is local networking with the resources of a national, established organization.
As a state affiliate, we have real-time access to resources developed nationally as well as opportunities to have local discussions with a cross-section of business leaders from all areas of Wisconsin, not just Milwaukee.
Our members call on other local businesses to learn, share, and accelerate their inclusive capabilities which serve the broader audience of the employee base, customers, and supply chain.
Being a part of Disability:IN Wisconsin is sending a message to the community that your business is committed to including people with disabilities.
What does the Wisconsin affiliate provide its members?
Disability:IN Wisconsin serves as a business-to-business network of small, medium, and large employers who share best practices. It provides a forum for employers to keep current on useful resources, developments, information, and work collaboratively on common issues. In addition to business-to-business networking, it provides outreach and education, encouraging inclusive workplace policies and hiring practices. It facilitates connections to community-based resources and a diverse talent pool of workers with disabilities.
- Hosts the Disability:IN Wisconsin Summit. 250 local leaders participated in 2022.
- The Disability:IN Wisconsin Summit in 2022 featured experts on corporate strategies for disability inclusion, DEI, ERG/BRG networking at all stages and Successful Recruitment.
- Assists with Disability Equality Index survey. There are local businesses, like Manpower, who have helped other local businesses by offering ideas and advice on how to get started, how to complete, and how to improve. More information can be found in our history and here. https://disabilityin.org/what-we-do/disability-equality-index/
- Offers local events for your employees. In-person and virtual events for your HR leads, ERG members, and business leaders to publicly speak, to learn valuable information, to network and form strong relationships. All without complicated travel logistics!
- Opens unique opportunities.
- NM hosted a guest speaker from Fidelity Investments in 2020 who shared their success in expanding their accessibility. They met through the strong relationships within D:IN Wisconsin.
- Disability:IN Wisconsin collaborated with the Milwaukee Public Museum and the City of Milwaukee, Division of Accessibility on a series of accessibility and customer service webinars.
- Key webinars in 2022 focused on Disability Employment: Tapping into the Network for hiring Talent, Core Components for a disability-inclusive workplace, and Strategies for Employee Retention featuring national and local leaders in academics, businesses, and service organizations. The 2022 Events drew over 700 attendees.
- See how our activities in 2022 provided value to our Wisconsin business community.