Wisconsin Ability Summit 2020
Another Successful Event In The Books!
Thank you to the nearly 200 attendees, industry leaders, and influencers who attended our first-ever Virtual Wisconsin Ability Summit!
ICYMI – share knowledge and best practices with your colleagues from the Summit:
Supplier Diversity, DEI Index, Recruiting Neurodiverse Talent & Mental Wellness through Executive and Resource Group Support
100 new first-time event attendees
10 corporate sponsors 65 companies were represented
9 States Represented
20% from outside WI
2020 Speakers Included:
- Becky Kekula – Director, Disability Equality Index (DEI) Disability:IN
- Ramon Heredia, Associate Program Manager Lead, AAW Lead for Receivable Operations and Chicago Market – JPMorgan Chase
- Bethany LoPresti, Ph.D. Executive Director – Behavioral Health, Froedtert& the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Hale Pulsipher, VP Online Accessibility, Fidelity Online Center for Accessibility
- Mark Sebree, Director of Diverse Sourcing & Inclusion – Franklin Energy
- Charlie Sieb, VP Supply Chain – CUNA Mutual,
- Refilwe Goll, Sr Category & Supplier Diversity Manager – Northwestern Mutual
- Jackie LaJoei, Manager, Supplier Diversity – Trane Technologies
- Josh Teigen, President, CEO – Mind Shift
- Tracey Andrus, EVP Strategy & Partnerships – Rangam
- Mark Fairbanks, President – Islands of Brilliance
- Tracy Glorioso, Operations Director, Experis, ManpowerGroup
- Alyssa Ranjoy, Workplace Modernization Business Owner, CUNA Mutual
- Amy Perales, Lead Product Manager, Northwestern Mutual
- Juan Banda, HR Manager, Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin
- Philip DeVliegher, Sr, VP Supplier Diversity – Disability:IN
- Cami Turcotte, Manager of Certification and Supplier Engagement – Disability:IN
- Victor Agapov, CEO – Wallo Brands
Session descriptions and speaker information can be viewed HERE
Watch Now! Wisconsin Ability Summit 2020 Recordings are Available for download!
“The Boards of both affiliates agreed that working as strategic partners/collaborators on programming in October was a good way to create access to more content for all of our partners and offers opportunities for business development for both affiliates.”
Executive Director of DI Chicago
Impacts across ManpowerGroup
WI Disability: IN Summit provided tremendous value to our organization by providing us with an opportunity to increase visibility and exposure to next practices as it relates to Disability Inclusion. We increased our knowledge of DEI and accessibility, Supplier Diversity and Wellness practices while increasing our knowledge of how to create a workforce that supports meaningful opportunities for Neurodiversity employees in a way that fosters a greater sense of belonging and inclusion.
We are so grateful to have the opportunity to join Disability:In Wisconsin at their 2020 Ability Summit. We learned so much from these four purposeful sessions and are thrilled that we will be able to make an immediate impact in our organization by leveraging some of the key takeaways such as the following:
- Recognize and embrace mental wellness; encourage colleagues to seek help when we see them challenged; share current employer programs often because every organization needs ambassadors to help redirect a colleague positively, and uncover other offerings to share internally for consideration. The multiple examples shared that featured EY’s “R U OK?”, AT&T’s “Stamp out Stigma”, Toyota’s “Blue Elephant project”, and USA Mental Health First Aid, provided the audience with relevant programs that their companies can consider if they are struggling to find ways to champion mental wellness within their organization.
- Find ways to connect the neurodiverse talent to opportunities with clients through partnerships with firms like Rangam Consultants, Mind Shift, and Islands of Brillance who have built robust talent development models that help the neurodiverse talent enter the workforce aligned to meaningful career opportunities that will propel them to success!
- Advocate for equity across our supplier network in terms of disable owned suppliers that include DOBE, SDV-DOBE, and V-DOBE and elevate these organizations internally by driving an awareness campaign to potential buyers to encourage them to consider these firms for partnerships when opportunities arise.
- And lastly, Influence Employment Practices: Encourage recruiters within my company to ask prospective talent during the interviewing scheduling process if candidates need a reasonable accommodation to ensure we are living out the principal of accessibility and inclusion for all!