- This event has passed.
Substance Abuse and Breaking Down Barriers
May 11, 2021 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
About this Event
One in 12 workers has an untreated substance use disorder. Many substance users are sensitive to the stigma of being labeled an addict or an alcoholic, and they fear retaliation. Studies show that employment has a positive impact on a worker’s recovery from substance use disorder. Employers can benefit from understanding and supporting their employees that struggle with substance use.
Speaker: Panel discussion facilitated by Beth Lohman, Integrated Services Coordinator at Milwaukee County Behavioral Health
- Ryan Clevenger – Oxford House
- Ken Ginlack – Director of Outpatient Programs, Milwaukee County Behavior Health Division
- Ben Henneberry – District Manager, MOD Superfast Pizza
- Keith Schroeder – IPS Supervisor, Goodwill
- Katie Behl – Intoxicated Driver Program Senior Coordinator, Division of Care and Treatment Services
- Daniel Bizjak, State Opioid Response Grant Coordinator, DHS
This session is best suited for:
- HR and Talent Leaders
- Diversity & Inclusion and DEI Leaders
- Learning & Development Leaders
- ERG/BRG Sponsor, Leaders, Members
- Anyone with a stake in ensuring inclusion in the workplace
Cost: No charge for members, $45 for non-members
Participants will receive event access information after registering for the event.