- This event has passed.
CREATING CHANGE IN HEALTHCARE – 2021 WISCONSIN ABILITY SUMMIT
October 7, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 9:30 am
Advocate Aurora Health’s Diverse Abilities Employment Program – Creating Pathways to Employment Through System Change and Disability Education
Description: Advocate Aurora Health is one of the 10 largest not-for-profit, integrated health systems in the United States and a leading employer in the Midwest with 75,000 employees, including more than 22,000 nurses and the region’s largest employed medical staff and home health organization. By building strategic partnerships and creating systemwide best practices, Advocate Aurora Health has leveraged the talents of individuals with disabilities to help meet their growing need for talent. This session will review what Advocate Aurora Health has done to create a culture of disability inclusion, retain those with disabilities and build a workforce representative of the communities they serve.
- Introduction – Troy Dennhof (5-10 Minutes)
- Video (5-Minutes) – TENTATIVE
- Panel (25-30 minutes)
- Questions (Remaining Time)
- Troy Dennhof – System Vice President, Human Resources, Advocate Aurora Health
TRISHYA BROWN, VP HUMAN RESOURCES – MILWAUKEE AREA ADVOCATE AURORA HEALTH
- JERRY BAAKE, MANAGER WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT – ADVOCATE AURORA HEALTH
- BRIDGET BORUM, DIRECTOR, TALENT ACQUISITION AND DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
- TINA MARONEK, SUPERVISOR, LAB SUPPORT
- KATIE PANTZLAFF, VP HR SERVICES
- LO: Understand how to gain internal support for your workforce development initiatives.
- LO: Identify various partnerships to collaborate with to support a more diverse pipeline of candidates.
- LO: Discover hurdles and barriers experienced in developing a systemwide strategy.
- LO: Learn to build programs that support recruiting, retaining, and developing employees with disabilities.